Interior Maintenance Company (IMC) is one of the largest and most experienced commercial air duct cleaning contractors on the east coast. Equipped with over 30 years of experience performing complete air conveyance system cleaning services for commercial and industrial facilities, our team has the knowledge and skills to clean all types of ventilation systems.
As experts in cleaning large commercial and industrial HVAC systems, we can provide air duct cleaning for public and private installations of any size or type. We are properly equipped and experienced in remediating contaminated duct systems and primarily service the Mid-Atlantic Region (PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA and DC). IMC is experienced in performing insulation removal and replacement, insulation coatings, mold remediation, air handling unit refurbishments, and HVAC inspections.
At IMC, our air duct cleaning process follows the standards set by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
We remove all visible contaminants and particulates from all components of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. We use industry approved agitation tools for our cleaning operations including air whips, air sweeps, brushes, compressed air, and HEPA-filtered vacuums, each of which is designed for effective and efficient capture of accumulated particulate.
Our team is fully equipped to remediate HVAC systems contaminated with bacteria, deteriorated insulation, water, soot, and moisture-based compounds (e.g., mold and rust).
We work closely with customers to establish a comprehensive cleaning plan that is tailored to the specifications of the HVAC system. This process involves a thorough review of the system and a discussion of the customer’s expectations.
Benefits of Commercial Air Duct Cleaning
Regular air duct cleaning operations carry a number of benefits for commercial facility managers and owners, including with regard to the following:
- Indoor air quality. Removing accumulated dust, dirt, and debris from air ducts minimizes the risk of the contaminants and particulates circulating through living and working spaces. As a result, the facility is cleaner and safer for occupants.
- Airborne allergen and irritant levels. Bacteria, mildew, mold, pollen, and insulation fibers can also accumulate within the ductwork. If left unchecked within HVAC systems, they can trigger respiratory problems (e.g., allergic or asthmatic reactions) in occupants. Keeping air ducts free of these materials makes it easier and safer for sensitive individuals to work or reside within the facility.
- Airflow efficiency and energy costs. The buildup of particulate in ductwork and HVAC components can significantly impede the movement of air through a ventilation system. As a result, the system would need to exert greater effort to heat or cool a space. Regularly cleaning of accumulated debris helps to improve efficiency and reduce energy costs.
- HVAC system life. Keeping components and surfaces free from contaminants and particulates can extend the overall service life of the HVAC system.
- Risk of fire. Dust can be highly flammable, depending on the composition. As such, it is important to clean air ducts regularly to prevent dust buildup within HVAC systems, especially in environments with equipment that create sparks.
Applications for Commercial Air Duct Cleaning Services
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, including mold and asbestos abatement, construction, HVAC and mechanical contracting, restoration, and other building maintenance services. This diverse set of experience and knowledge, combined with our comprehensive training program, enables them to handle virtually any air duct cleaning project.
In the commercial sector, we offer air duct cleaning capabilities for small to large facilities, such as:
- Hospitals and healthcare
- Government buildings
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Manufacturing and Production
- Houses of worship
- Retail and recreational
- Financial institutions
The Importance of NADCA Certification
One of the most important qualifications to check for in an air duct cleaning partner is NADCA certification. NADCA is an international non-profit organization that sets industry standards for air duct cleaning operations and provides in-depth training programs for its members to educate them on the current best practices for air duct cleaning and maintenance. NADCA members are required to have at least one Air System Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) certified employee. This certification must be renewed on a yearly basis by earning Continuing Education Credits. By choosing a NADCA-certified company, you can be assured that the cleaning services you receive adhere to the highest standards in the industry.
IMC is one of approximately 1,000 organizations around the world with a NADCA certification. We currently have multiple ASCS-certified technicians on our team. In addition to being a NADCA member since 1991, our staff members have played a vital role in the growth of the association:
- Matt Mongiello (IMC Vice President) served as the president of NADCA from 2011 to 2013.
- Dave Gerhard (IMC Project Estimator 2004-2014) served as one of the founding members of NADCA in 1989.
- Davidge Warfield (IMC Project Estimator 1991–1993) served as the president of NADCA from 1992 to 1993.
- Richard Lantz (IMC Project Estimator 2014-2016) served as the president of NADCA from 2017 to 2019.
Contact the Air Duct Cleaning Experts at IMC Today
HVAC systems play a critical role in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and residential facilities. However, in addition to being carefully selected and installed, they must be properly maintained to work effectively and efficiently. For this reason, it is important to clean the air ducts of HVAC systems regularly to prevent the accumulation of dust, dirt, and debris that can impede system performance. IMC has been family owned since 1973, offering big company solutions with small company service.
If you’re looking for a reliable air duct cleaning partner, turn to the experts at IMC. To learn more about our commercial air duct cleaning services or discuss your specifications and expectations with one of our representatives, contact us or request a quote today.