Commercial pressure washing is a cleaning technique that has a wide range of benefits, from improving the aesthetics of a business to reducing the risk of long-term structural damage and disrepair. Since these services are highly versatile and advantageous, many industries rely on commercial pressure washing to maintain the integrity of their equipment and facilities.
What is Commercial Pressure Washing?
Commercial pressure washing is similar to power washing, a type of cleaning technique that uses water and high-pressure hoses to clean areas such as:
- Trash Chutes
- Parking Lots
However, pressure washing differs from power washing in that it utilizes a specialized mixture containing both water and detergent, rather than simply using water. Cleaning crews spray this mixture at high pressures, allowing it to get deeply into concrete and brick without causing any damage. Industrial pressure washing services provide building maintenance that prevents a wide range of problems.
The Benefits of Pressure Washing
Thanks to its detergent mixture, commercial pressure washing offers a significant amount of scrubbing power, making it easier to get a deep clean more quickly. Other benefits of commercial pressure washing include:
Commercial pressure washing provides a deep clean for storefronts, parking lots, and other customer-facing areas. It is also one of the most effective ways to remove vandalism and graffiti. Attractive businesses are more likely to bring in customers, and aesthetically pleasing work environments often serve to improve employee morale.
Removes Dirt, Grime, and Odors
Pressure washing removes substances such as dirt, mildew, and other types of mold. This prevents the buildup of dangerous substances, making the building and surrounding area safer and more appealing to both employees and customers. Pressure washing of building trash chutes and disposal containers eliminates odors and pest infiltration.
Prevents Stains or Permanent Damage
Regular pressure washing helps prevent long-term damage caused by a lack of maintenance. The buildup of substances such as mold, algae, and acidic bird droppings will eventually cause the building to rot. Although pressure washing requires upfront costs, it ultimately saves money by reducing the need for expensive future repairs.
Better Curb Appeal
The fresher and more attractive a building is, the more appealing it will be to potential customers. Pressure washing serves to improve curb appeal by eliminating unsightly grime, stains, vandalism, and chewed gum from both the building itself and from the surrounding sidewalks. These services are particularly important in humid areas where mildew often accumulates on the outside of buildings.
When algae and mold accumulate on sidewalks, they often create a dangerous surface where employees and customers may slip. Regular pressure washing improves the air quality within the building, as well as the cleanliness and safety of the surrounding sidewalks.
Commercial Pressure Washing Industries
Commercial pressure washing offers a wide range of benefits, making it an excellent option for cleaning equipment, infrastructures, and building facades in many industries, including:
- Agriculture. Farmers often utilize industrial pressure washing services to keep their farm and ranching equipment clean.
- Manufacturing. Commercial pressure washing prevents costly production breakdowns by removing dust and grime from machinery.
- Oil, gas, and mining. The oil, gas, and mining industry relies on commercial pressure washing to keep drilling rigs working properly by removing oil residue and grime.
- Construction. Commercial pressure washing is used to remove grime and dirt from expensive, heavy-duty construction equipment.
- Food processing. Food processing facilities must meet strict industry standards for cleanliness. To prevent downtime from an unclean environment, commercial pressure washing can clean floors, equipment, and workspaces to ensure a sanitary environment.
- Transportation. Commercial pressure washing is used to remove grime and road debris such as salt and chemicals from around the trailer and under the hood of various vehicles.
- Waste Management. Pressure washing removes dirt, grease, and grime from garbage trucks and equipment.
- Marine. Pressure washing removes saltwater, algae, oil, and debris from marine vessels, decks, docks, and equipment.
Commercial Pressure Washing from Interior Maintenance
Since 1973, Interior Maintenance Company, Inc. has been providing high quality specialty cleaning services to our valued customers throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. To learn more about our industrial pressure washing services, contact us or request a quote today.